Kimberly Jones

Kimberly Jones
Welcome to my World

Thursday, November 24, 2011

I'm THANKFUL for......

So, in no particular order (except the first few!), here goes my random list:

I'm Thankful For....
(The Special People In My Life)

1. My Son's: Two of the greatest gifts from God. My legacy!

2. My Mark: He's my best friend and the president of my fan club.. (and I am his) From him I get unconditional love and acceptance, and he always makes me feel like I'm special and so loved. I'm a blessed girl.

3. My parents, my brother & his family: I'm thankful to be the daughter of two very loving, supportive people. I know how much they adore me. My parents enabled me to experience many things, regardless of how much they sometimes worried. They gave me everything they possibly could ... and even some things they probably couldn't. I'm thankful for my brother and my sis n love and my awesome nephews.

4. My friends: If I named them all individually, from wonderful acquaintances to tried and true friends, I'd have the rest of my list of 50 right there. I know there are a lot of good people, near and far, who I can count on, who care about me, and who want only the best for me. I truly value my friends and will never have "enough" or too many.

I'M THANKFUL FOR....
(What I've Been Able To Do And Accomplish)

5. Living in many places: So far, the places I've called home have been in Mississippi, Illinois, Oregon, Wisconsin, Florida and now in Atlanta, Georgia. It's been great, experiencing various parts of the country for more than just the length of a vacation, all different and special in their own ways.

6. Working with some wonderful ministries: I feel honored to have worked with some wonderful ministries all over the world and I feel I am who I am today because of these awesome men and women of God that mentored me. Also blessed to have traveled all over the world with these ministries..... my favorite trip to date has to be Israel.

I'm Thankful For....
(Things I Like About Me)

7. Being a nice person: I'm hardly perfect, but it's good to know in my heart that I'm a kind person. I'd never intentionally hurt anyone. I don't believe in being mean. I hate to see anyone cry and love to see people smile. I genuinely appreciate and care about people.

8. Being a wonderful mother: I love being Morgan Scotlend and Lyncoln Presley's MOM.

9. Being a decent writer: At least, when I really try. I'm happy I can express myself and my imagination that way. I may not be the best writer, and there's always plenty of room for improvement, but I do know I have some talent to build on.

10. Accomplishing goals: To one degree or another, I tend to follow through on things. I thrive on having goals to strive for and am happy about the fact I've been able to achieve some of them. I like that I have "stick-to-itiveness."

11. Knowing when to quit: I like knowing that I'm able to walk away from things that don't make me happy or aren't satisfying. Sometimes it takes a while to come to terms with "quitting," but I'm glad I've had the guts to do it when it has really mattered.

12. Being able to laugh when the going gets tough: I like that I can often smile my way through difficulties and find the bright side.

I'm Thankful For....
(A Lot Of Good Blessings)

13. Being debt-free: I don't owe anyone money for anything, and that feels good.

14. Being financially secure: I'm not rich (whatever that is, monetarily speaking), but we're comfortable and we have what we need and then some.

15. Good health: This should probably be way at the top of the list, but I'm really not writing this in any particular order. So far, though, at age 39, I've never had any major--or really any--health issues. One can never know for sure what will happen in that regard, but I'm thankful that I've been blessed with good health.

I'm Thankful For....
(ALL sorts of other things)

16. Being an American: Taking nothing away from any other country, I'm just being thankful for my own. It may not be perfect--what place is?--but I love it nonetheless.

17. The seasons: I love them all. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter. There are so many wonderful, special things about each, no matter where I live or spend the time.

18. Sushi: Yum! (just figured out I LOVE IT... thanks to Mark)

19. Sunshine: Doesn't it feel good? I know, too much isn't such a good thing, but, ooh, just to soak it up for a while, either outside or in a sunny window, is one of my favorite things.

20. The sound of the rain on the roof: Is there any better sound to fall asleep to?

21. Ugg Boots: Nothin' better than ugg (ugly) boots when you have tile floors! They keep us from turning the thermostat up another few degrees on those chilly winter mornings.

22. Hot Baths: Need I explain? They're especially satisfying after a long day. Heck, they're great anytime.

23. STARBUCKS: No explanation needed;)

And I'm Thankful For....

24. The ocean: I was blessed to live near one for a while. I love the smell of it. I love to eat what comes out of it. I love to walk along it, wade in it, sometimes swim in and boat on it. Or just sit and stare at it. I especially love the moonlight on the water.

25. Facebook & Twitter: I really never thought these would be on any list of things to be thankful for (and the FB site really frustrates me sometimes), but I truly am glad I joined. I've reconnected with old friends--some of whom are better friends now than ever before--these sites have also brought some awesome NEW friends into my life that are so dear to me. I love all my Facebook and Twitter Family. Facebook has also brought together what is now a very happy couple. Grateful

26. Sanitation workers: I mean, can you imagine if no one did those jobs? In fact, this goes for anyone who does any job I wouldn't or couldn't do, because I know I benefit, directly or indirectly in some way. So doctors and nurses, police officers and accountants are included, too, along with many, many others.

27. Entertainers: I've been to so many shows--concerts, plays, Broadway and off-Broadway shows, comedy shows, circuses, ice skating shows, symphonies, movies. I even enjoy some television shows now and again. I appreciate the people who make me sing, dance, laugh, and sometimes even cry.

28. Invitations: Even though I sometimes can't accept (and, yes, sometimes don't want to), it sure is nice to be invited. To what? Well, to just about anything, I guess. And I'm thankful for them all.

29. Music: Makes my life happy.

30. Digital cameras: Sure beats having to spend all that money to develop film.And I can delete and retake pictures where I look yucky.

31. Mom's Chocolate Pecan Cake: Heavenly

32. GPS: I would be lost without mine;)

I'm Thankful For....

33. The moon and stars: Pure Perfection.... Thanks God!!

34. My Purpose: Ministry.... So grateful God trust me to love His kid's. I'm so humbled at the fact God let's me work for Him everyday.

35. Memories: It's fun to reminisce. I like reading my journal, and looking through photos, which remind me of so many details.

36. Things to look forward to: I have adventures, big and small, on my list, both planned and yet to be, to be excited about.

37. The hard times: Because they've made me stronger and wiser, and the good times even better.

38. Those who read what I write: I really appreciate the time anyone takes to read what I've written, be it a status update, a tweet, a blog post, a journal entry, you name it. I hope they find the time well spent somehow, too.

39. All those who've ever served our country: And other countries too. It's an admiral and brave thing to do. Our men and women in uniform, past and present, have, do and will give so much for us all. So do their families.

And I'm Thankful For....

40. LOVE: it may not make the world go around but it sure makes life more fun.... ;)

41. The little things: every single one of them...

42. Friends I've yet to make: I look forward to meeting them!

43. Wildflowers: I can't name more than about three or four, but I sure do think they're pretty.

44. Candles: They have a way of making my home feel more like a home.....

45. Dusk and dawn: They don't last long, but I love it when I'm aware of those times.. Dusk and dawn have their own special sounds and light changes.

46. My telephone chats with Mark: Something about sitting and talking late into the night about our dreams.

47. Having a good memory: I'm quite good at keeping track of things and remembering certain kinds of details. Or at least I'm good at writing things down so I don't forget. Most of the time, anyway.

48. Being sensitive: I'm sensitive to other people's feelings. This also helps me when I'm flowing in ministry. I'm grateful for that.

49. The BIG PICTURE!!

50. BEING ME!!

No comments: